Friday, June 22, 2012

Luscious Delights Loves....

In lieu of Fish Friday (because I haven’t even had the chance to cook something fishy all week), I wanted to do some more shout-outs. Some new blog and cookbook discoveries that have got me salivating this week:

As the name suggests, the blog is all about baked items (just what I like). With so many luscious delights to choose from, it was hard to choose what I want to try first, but here it is Oreo Mint Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache 

Photo courtesy of Mini Baker

I found this blog though Foodbuzz  and I was instantly captivated by the food photography and the simplicity of her recipes. This is a must see. I will definitely be trying the Rose Water Tartlets with Vanilla Sugared Berries here 

Photo courtesy of Tartlet Sweets
Bakerella recently posted about choc chip cookie dough truffles here , which I have not yet tried but as I’m still on the hunt for the BEST choc chip cookie, I thought it fitting to give a shout out. If you’ve never heard of, seen, or visited Bakerella’s site it’s a must. She is the Queen of Cake Pops. I do own her book and have made a few of the basic ones from it for various birthday parties. Cake pops are always a winner with the kids as well. Check out the Cake Pop action here

Photo courtesy of Bakerella
These are some of my Cake Pops  from the earliest to the latest
  
 

Ok so this one isn’t a blog but I do frequent the recipe pages often. Have a look for yourself  here  (they also just posted some food photography tips if you want to look here )

I must check out other countries Masterchef websites one day as well. Who knows what gems I'm missing out on. 

New cookbooks on the market
I’ve seen this book in a few recent magazines and I have to say it does tickle my fancy. The blurb isn't very helpful, outlining the obvious - the book is 200 pages of old school recipes and more modern recipes. The voice inside the back of my head does keep wondering how different the recipes will be from the million other cookbooks I have. 

Photo courtesy of Fishpond
Most people know Elizabeth Gilbert of Eat, Pray, Love fame, but who knew her Great-Grandmother wrote and published her cookbook in 1947? This book has been featured in almost all the latest edition food mags I have picked up and so far none of the reviews are prompting me to buy it. Asparagus SoufflĂ© and Pea Vichyssoise just aren’t appealing to me.

Photo courtesy of Fishpond
I love discovering new blogs and am constantly on the lookout for new ones. Feel free to suggest any that you think I would love as a comment below or head over to my Facebook page here 



No comments:

Post a Comment