Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pasta Carbonara - The Pioneer Woman Cooks recipe

A couple of weeks ago I posted about some of my favourite bloggers here and among them was The Pioneer Woman CooksIf you haven't checked out this blog by Ree Drummond, you have to. She is sensational in the kitchen and with a camera. When I saw this recipe for Pasta Carbonara here I had to try it. It took me a little while to finally get the opportunity to make it and when I did, it was just as I thought it would be - sensational. It took me about half an hour from start to finish and made the perfect rainy Saturday lunch. 


What you will need: 
Any variety of Pasta, enough to serve between 2 and 4 people
400g Bacon, chopped into chunky pieces
½ a Medium Onion, diced 
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
3 whole Eggs
¾ Cup Finely Grated Parmesan
¾ Cup Thickened Cream
½ Cup Peas
Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water. Tip - add the pasta in batches so the water stays at a boil. While the pasta is cooking, fry the bacon until crispy (as crispy as you like it). 
Bacon 
Once the bacon is cooked to your desire, remove it from the pan but try not to drain out too much of the pan juices (and flavour). 

While the bacon is cooking, combine the eggs, Parmesan cheese, cream, and salt and pepper until smooth. 
Sauce combined

Imagine a picture here of garlic and onions cooking (I forgot to take one). 


Cook the onions and garlic in the same pan on a medium heat until golden brown. Set aside with the bacon. 
Drain the pasta, reserving about a cup of the pasta water. Put the pasta in a bowl and while still hot, stir in the egg/cream/cheese mixture and stir constantly. 
Add sauce to pasta
The sauce will get thick and coat the pasta. If it's too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water, little at a time until you get the right consistency. I didn't need to do this but it's how you prefer you pasta sauce. Stir in the bacon, peas, onion mix and combine.
Put all the ingredients into the bowl with the pasta
Serve with additional Parmesan cheese if desired. Serves 2 - 4.
Pasta Carbonara 
I'm so glad I cooked this meal. It was just as delicious as I thought it would be. I could have just stared at it in the bowl instead of eating it. 


For more photos and updates visit and like my Facebook Page here 

No comments:

Post a Comment