Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Satay Beef - the easiest & best recipe

I love a good satay but finding the perfect recipe has not been easy (and I have tried a few). So I decided to ask my trusty friend - Google - for some assistance, and I came upon Best Recipes. I can't stress enough how easy this recipe was and with so many ingredients I already had in my cupboard it made it even better. Even the husband loved it. Next I will try it with chicken!!! 

What you will need:
500g beef, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large Onion, sliced
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1 small Red Chilli, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon Lemon Rind, grated
2-3 teaspoons Curry Powder
1 Tabelsppon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
250ml Coconut Milk
2 Tablespoons Coriander, chopped


Ingredients

What to do:
Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, chilli, garlic, lemon rind and curry powder and cook for 1 minute.






Add the beef and cook until just brown.




Add the soy sauce, coconut milk and peanut butter and stir until smooth.




Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. The sauce will start to thicken up and the onions will go soft.

Stir in the coriander and serve with rice and your choice of vegetables.




This recipe can also be made with chicken, Substitute the 500g of beef with 500g of chicken breast, thinly sliced. 

Do you have a favourite satay recipe? If so share it below. 

For more photos and updates like my Facebook page here 

No comments:

Post a Comment